This film is all about a guy named Marty Rantzen, the school nerd. A group of friends have been harassing him and viciously pranking him.Unfortunately the last prank all ends tragically.
Also the cast is brilliant, the biggest name being the one and only Caroline Munro. She is as beautiful and brilliant as always but she also doesn't overshadow the rest of the cast who each play their parts perfectly.
Now, there are a number of illogical things in this movie. I won't name them to ruin it for you but I do ask that if you watch this just let them go. It's a film of pure entertainment for Horror fans, especially if you like the slasher genre, which as we all isn't a genre to be dissected to find a bigger meaning.
To see the trailer for "Slaughter High" click here
Miscellaneous fact about the film:
- A poster of "Pieces" is visible on the Porno Movie Manager's office wall when he's talking with Carol over the phone.
- Caroline Munro was actually 36 years old during this film where she played a 'teenage' heroine.
- The films working title was "April Fool's Day", however the title was changed to keep this film from being confused with the Paramount film April Fool's Day (1986) which was released the same year.
- Much of the gore was cut prior to release to obtain an R-rating; for its video premiere, the distributor Vestron Video released both the censored theatrical version and an unrated version that contained the excised violence.
- LionsGate released the film on DVD April 14, 2009 in the USA as part of their 'The Lost Collection'. The DVD contains the unrated Vestron Video full screen VHS master print. The Vestron Video logo can be seen after the end credits on the DVD.
- The film was shot in England, and many of the actors use fake American accents.
- Simon Scuddamore, who plays Marty, committed suicide shortly after production of the film.